My First Ever Blog Award
Many thanks to Grace, The Cooking Apprentice, for giving me my first ever blog award. Hooray! I would like to thank my husband and friends for consuming what gets cooked here and for all my friends who give me questions and inspire me to cook for them.
What is the award about? Liebster is a German word that means favourite, so after a little investigation I found that this award is presented by bloggers to other bloggers. According to this post the award started in Germany in 2010 and there are no real rules, she says:
The real “gist” of the Liebster Award is that there is no real award. There are no judges, no special rules. No website with an official team to congratulate you and hold your hand. It’s mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It’s that easy.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you along with a link back to their site.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Answer a few get-to-know-you fun facts that the nominator would like to learn more about you.
- Pass along this award to other deserving bloggers (5 minimum).
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Be sure to share your get-to-know-you fun facts with your nominator.
Here are questions from The Cooking Apprentice
1. If you could only eat one cuisine or dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Filipino cuisine, definitely. I can’t give up white rice.
2. Three staples you need every day.
White rice, Some form of chocolate/dessert and some form of meat and veg to eat with my white rice…
3. All time favorite blog?
I don’t have one. I read whatever catches my fancy.
4. If you could relive a day, what would it be?
It would be the day where I had someone picking up and cleaning after my mess. nyahahaha!
5. Why did you start blogging?
I started out in the early 2000’s, because i was traveling then and I end up writing my experiences on long emails to my friends. Then Blogger came about, and I moved all my emails there. I have retired that blog. I just have this and my photography blog.
6. Your dream job?
I’ve actually worked a couple of dream jobs – Travel Writer (Philippines), Broadcast Producer (Sri Lanka)… but I would say that I would love to have a job where all I do is international travel, eat and write about it. If I could do what Anthony Bourdain does…
7. Favorite food?
I don’t play favorites as I noticed that my taste buds change as I age. However, I have, and will always love eating Halabos na Hipon. I know this for a fact because sometimes I am allergic to shrimps and I still eat them. Antihistamine to the rescue!
8. Where would you live, if you could be anywhere in the world?
I live in the greatest city in the world, New York City. However, I would love to live in Barcelona, Hong Kong, Morocco, Tel Aviv and Dubai for extended periods of time.
9. Something about you that you don’t share very often?
The exact amount in my bank account? LOL
10. Favorite book & movie?
I don’t read much now, but I like browsing through food-centric books. For movies, I have a thing for any movie that stars Audrey Tautou.
11. Goal in life?
A life full of happiness, rich experiences and awesome friends.
11 Questions that I would like to ask my nominees to answer:
1. What is your day job and where do you live?
2. What is your favorite indulgence?
3. If there was a city in the world where you can have a food vacation, where would you go?
4. What food item won’t you eat? Why?
5. What is the kitchen chore that you detest the most? Why?
6. How did you end up finding my blog?
7. What is your favorite thing to cook?
8. Complete this sentence: My kitchen is not complete without______________
9. If you could go to one food event that is all expenses paid, where would you go?
10. Where/What is your dream meal/s?
11. Which ingredient do you think is overrated, and why?
I would now like to grant the Liebster Blog Award nomination to these well-deserved individuals (in no particular order)…
4. Chopsticks and Marrow – because Joe tells me where to eat! (and eats with me.)
5. The Drunken Pig – To me, the excitement of eating around the Philippines is eating in these hole-in-the-wall spots.